This fast growing client is based in Colorado and operates within the Pet Food industry. The client originally started in the ecommerce space and was efficiently able to successfully fulfill their ecommerce orders, which still remains a core competency of theirs.
Since they were quickly growing and ready to expand their business operations into retail, they faced several challenges that included putting a system in place, acquiring the necessary space and labor and the physical location of the packager. These issues were compounded by the increasing demand for their products and their expressed need to fulfill orders quickly.
The King solution
King Solutions worked closely with the client to study and understand all facets of the retailer’s compliance standards, Purchase Order requirements, and order flow. As an established partner with the client’s packager, King also worked with both parties to take on the warehousing and supply chain portion of this fast-growing operation. Together, the parties built a solid, well integrated set of processes and standard operating procedures to effectively manage the customer’s product distribution into retail distribution centers.
King took further action and worked closely with the client to
- Manage the transportation and delivery of the products to the distribution centers, which was previously handled by the retailer.
- Integrate with the Pet Food producer so that receiving of the product became more efficient and accurate.
- Integrate with the client to efficiently receive and process orders. The mixed pallet orders were then carefully built to spec, scheduled and delivered to the retailer’s standards (on time).
- Provide accurate receiving, inventory and shipping numbers to the client via comprehensive reports, and also by providing direct access to an inventory portal.
The King team worked with both the packager and the client to create a highly successful program that exceeded the client’s expectation. Some of the benefits that the client still experiences on several levels include:
- Reduced transportation costs.
- Reduced space and staffing concerns.
- Retail compliance that avoids costs related to chargebacks from the retailer.
- Supply chain visibility at all levels.
- Reduced order cycle time, allowing for the retailer’s orders to provide better restocking.
- The ability to grow their business aggressively in their fast growing industry.
- King still manages the receiving, inventory and orders while keeping the customer informed and in control.
Ready to talk solutions for your business? So are we. Contact us today.