As one of the largest industries in the U.S., the logistics industry has an obligation to minimize its environmental impact. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the transportation sector is the fastest-growing contributor of emissions and is responsible for:
- Over 50% of NOx total emissions inventory in the U.S.
- Over 30% of VOCs emissions in the U.S.
- Over 20% of PM emissions in the U.S.
At King Solutions, we understand the importance of “going green,” that’s why we created our ThinKING Green initiative. Through this program, we are helping our clients reduce their carbon footprint and environmental impact.
How we help you “go green”
As an asset-based freight forwarder and fulfillment provider, we have introduced many opportunities that help our clients “go green” by:
- Working with them to consolidate loads and optimize shipments using our LTL and PTL freight program.
- Using corrugated dunnage manufactured from recycled materials (including but not limited to packing paper, air pillows, pallets, etc.).
- Whenever possible, packaging outbound shipments with reused, good quality packaging that arrived from inbound shipments.
- Offering eco-friendly packaging options that include recycled cartons, air pillows, packing paper, and tape.
- Using paperless invoices and other electronic forms.
We’re doing our part!
We also believe that all supply chain companies should be doing their part to help reduce their carbon footprint and promote green initiatives through their day-to-day operations. We have directly reduced our impact on the environment by:
- Implementing a paperless warehouse management system that cuts down on printing and paper waste.
- Using electric equipment (lifts, etc.) that are rechargeable, reducing our fuel usage.
- Installing motion activated LED lighting at our facility.
- Recycling cardboard and paper in our onsite compactor and hauling it to a recycling facility.
- Using green-friendly custodial cleaning products.
- Encouraging our employees to recycle using the receptacle containers positioned throughout our properties.
- Participating as an Adopt-A-Highway sponsor since 2012, helping to gather an average of 75 bags of waste per year along our stretch of highway in Blaine, MN.
We are a SmartWay Transport Partner
We are also proud to work with the EPA as a certified SmartWay Transport Partner. Through this program, we have:
- Developed a comprehensive system for tracking and reducing fuel usage across our supply chain.
- Improved our supply chain sustainability and decreased the cost to move goods by implementing carrier route optimization strategies.
- Reduced emissions using cutting-edge fuel-saving technologies.
Through the SmartWay program, the EPA and its partners have significantly reduced fuel costs and usage, limited carbon dioxide and nitrogen emissions, and eliminated particulate matter and other harmful substances.
We will continue to be as committed to the success of these programs as we are to the success of our customers. Ready to “Go Green” while optimizing your shipping and fulfillment operations? Reach out to us today! Contact King.